We all have watched a lot beauty trends that made a fuss on the Internet scene last year. While I found most of them weird and unnecessary, Silisponge was hailed to be an exemption.
Many famous beauty bloggers like Jeffree Star are fans of this beauty tool that made me want to try it.
So what is a Silisponge and what it is made of? Silisponge is a face base tool that replaces the use of brush or sponge for smoother application. The inner material is made from silicone and the outer shell is thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU)—a flexible plastic that’s resistant to oil and grease.
When you look at it, it looks funny. I don’t even imagine it as a makeup tool. It’s squishy and it can even act as a replacement for stress ball (lol).
Based on my usage, these are the PROS of a Silisponge:
1. Way more easier to clean than any other face makeup tools. You just need to run it through water and pat it dry.
2. I have observed that by using a Silisponge, I use less product and it actually saves you a lot if you are into expensive foundations.
3. Works best with liquid to cream type foundations.
Also, here are the CONs
1. This can take time. Okay, the first time I used it I was frustrated because of the amount of time I took to perfect my application process. So if you are always in a hurry, you may want to pass on this.
2. Has a tendency to slip off of your hand.
3. It takes a lot of practice. Yes, a lot of it. And bring tons of patience too.
4. It works okay on some foundations only. Truth to be told, there are some foundations that does not look good when I applied it using the Silisponge. It tends to look thick or patchy.
I have a love and hate relationship with my Silisponge but I think it is good to have one in your stash.
Price: Php150, Unbranded